This tea is created from a high-altitude cultivar of mao feng grown in the Wu Liang mountains of Simao Prefecture. The pairing of cultivar with expert processing results in a black tea with a unique taste and aroma. Mr. Kin uses a special technique to briefly oxidize the leaves during the wilting phase before completing the rest of the black tea processing steps.
- Origin: Wayaotian, Wu Liang Mtns., Simao Prefecture, Yunnan, China
- Grower/Teamaster: Mr. Zhang Li Kun
- Elevation: 1800 meters
- Harvest Date: Autumn 2015
- Cultivar: Yun Kang #32 Mao Feng
- Plucking Standard: 1 leaf/1bud
- Processing Notes: picking, wilting, frying, rolling, wilting, drying in wok by hand
- Nickname: “Hong” is a word for red in Mandarin, thus hong cha for red tea. Red tea in China = Black tea in the West
- Floral and fruity aroma and taste with hints of caramelized sugar and dry wood, especially at a 4 minute initial infusion.
This beautiful teacup was made by Pomona CA artist Heidi Kreitchet. While she leans predominantly towards wood-fired cups, this is a beautiful example of one of her gas-fired pieces. I find the cup especially beautiful coupled with Larry White's handmade mahogany tray, as the indentation in the cup seems to flow from the indentation in the top of the tray. Note: the cup are purchased separately
- Capacity: 10oz/300ml
- Firing: Gas Fired in a Geil Kiln
- Glaze: Shino and copper red
- Artist's Mark: Signed with her pseudonym "Pomona Queen".
- Dishwasher and microwave safe (but I handwash mine!)
- African mahogany
- Artist's Mark
Look for more teaware from Heidi and other artists soon! (By the way, that is another of her beautiful cups in the Hong Mao Feng picture...)
Leaves of Cha at a YogaSmoga event in Newport Beach!
Find Your Inner Warrior
Find Your Inner Warrior Workshop
Hosted by YOGASMOGA
The warrior poses are the most challenging and iconic in yoga. Through our practice of warrior we learn strength, focus and courage. This workshop will lead you inwards to rediscovering your own inner warrior.
Tuesday, February 23rd from 5-8PM
Sip tea & shop while you learn the key traits of the warrior and how you can embody the ancient spirit in your everyday life!
All guests are entered to win a set of three sessions with life coach Orly Levy & a tea Sampler Six Pack with a Tea Infuser compliments of Leaves of Cha.
RSVP to FashionIsland@yogasmoga.com
YOGASMOGA Fashion Island
1119 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660