Jade Earrings handcrafted White Tea
This is a spectacular hand-rolled tea from Yunnan that is a delight to behold and to drink. Be sure to watch the symmetrical “earrings” slowly unfurl in the water as you infuse the tea. I call this tea “Jade Nautilus”. The rings remind me of the marine creature as they sink slowly unfurling to join the rest of the writhing tea at the bottom. I add the tea to the water instead of the other way around so I can really enjoy them dropping through the water. The time-consuming hand rolling requires a high level of skill but the results are stunning.
- Origin: Mojiang Town, Simao Prefecture, Yunnan
- Grower/Teamaster: Pu Hong Li
- Elevation: 1500 meters
- Harvest Date: Autumn 2015
- Cultivar: Yun Kang #100
- Cultivation: Natural (Organic, no certification)
- Plucking Standard: Pure bud pluck
- Processing Notes: Hand-rolled with great care into symmetrical hoops, or “earrings”
- Nickname: Jin Si Hong (as it is made from Jinggu Golden strands, so literally “Strands of Gold”); Jade Nautilus
You can find this tea in the Featured Products section of the home page or under White Tea.
Japan is renowned for their high-quality and delicious green teas. Black tea, on the other hand, is fairly uncommon. This one was inspired by Ayumi Kinezuka’s visits to Sri Lanka. But instead of the robust maltiness she tasted in the teas typically made there, her tea is crafted to be a smooth, drinkable, and essentially Japanese.
This unique tea is from the small, completely organic Kinezuka farm in Shizuoka. Their natural growing practices are an anomaly in the midst of Japan’s typically heavy use of chemicals in their industrialized tea industry
- Origin: Nakayama Village in Fujieda, Shizuoka, Japan
- Grower/Teamaster: Kinezuka Family/Ayumi Kinezuka
- Elevation: 350m (1150ft)
- Harvest Date: Spring 2013
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Cultivation: Natural (Organic, no cert.) Toshiaki Kinezuka started farming with all-natural methods back in 1976, so the farm has been grown with organic practices for 38 years.
- Processing Notes: Fully oxidized tea using the same cultivar used widely for sencha and gyokuro
- Nickname: Sentoya Red Maple
You can find this tea in the Featured Products section of the home page or under Black Tea.
Tea Sampler Six Pack
This is a great way to try out the delightful teas in the Leaves of Cha Tea Chest. Just pick out six teas that you would like to try in the 12g sample size pouches. The price of the six samples is discounted up to 56%, depending on the teas you select.
A great gift idea for the tea lover!