This is a uniquely designed and crafted French press with fine chrome construction that makes for a wonderful tea experience. It will brew all types of tea easily, while also making a beautiful addition to your kitchen.
The tea press has a dual filter system, with the main press being one, and another one in the lid. The plunger and filter mechanism are stainless steel, while the beaker is made from quality, heat-resistant, borosilicate glass. This tea maker is truly a premium French press unlike any other, for a connoisseur of Leaves of Cha and other fine teas.
Features & Usage Tips
- Borosilicate glass beaker and stainless steel filter
- Removable dishwasher safe beaker
- Replacement beakers available; please contact Leaves of Cha for info
- Obviously, French presses can be used for coffee as well. But PLEASE don't use a french press for tea that has been previously used for coffee. The oils in the coffee will leave a residual taste that will affect the integrity of your tea experience.
- It is best not to "press" down the tea as this could damage delicate leaves. Only push the plunger down to the point slightly before you would compress the tea, then pour all the water out when the tea is ready. Sometimes you can slowly pull the plunger up as you pour to release all the water and keep the leaves from oversteeping. Then your subsequent infusions will be optimal.