This iced tea jug is just too good. I wasn't going to carry it as I do predominantly hot tea but whenever I do a show or an event with some black iced tea in this jug, people ask me where to get them. I use it for cold-brewing but it is meant for hot-brewing as well. My go-to iced tea is the Leaves of Cha Kanoka Orthodox Assam but you can experiment with any of the others. If you like it hot, chances are you might like it cold or room temperature as well.
The think I love about this jug is the basket infuser. It goes almost all the way down to the bottom of the jug, allowing one to brew a quarter- or half-jug in addition to the full 68 ounces.
Brewing Suggestions: I cold brew with the same dosage I use for hot, about 1g tea per 2oz water. So to make a full pitcher of Kanoka Orthodox Assam, I use 34g (about a level 3/4cup). Fill with cold water, refrigerate 8-24 hours, remove filter with tea leaves, enjoy.
L 7.5" x W 5.5" x H 8.0" (L 19.1 cm x W 14.0 cm x H 20.3 cm)
1.23 LB. (560g.)
PARTS & MATERIALS
BASKET INFUSER : Stainless Steel / Polypropylene
- Heat resistant up to 120°C/240°F
- Condensed extra-fine holes to circulate the tea efficiently
- Handle for easy access to control infusing time
PUSH-ON-LID : Stainless Steel / ABS / Silicone
- Attach & detach capability for easy cleaning
- Secure the Double Wall Infuser while in use
- Heat resistant up to 120°C/248°F
JUG : Lead-Free Borocilicate Glass
- Hand-wash recommended
- Thermal shock resistant up to 120°C/248°F
All the materials used for FORLIFE products are food-safe.